We've Moved!

Or at least, the blog has. Head over to our new blog at http://zackandlauren.blogspot.com

Monday, December 04, 2006

Daddy Nightmares

The funniest thing happened this morning/last night (sometime in the middle!). I was nursing Sara in our room, and she let out a little cry which must have woken Zack up. He suddenly sat bolt right up in bed with a panicked look and said, "Oh, crud!" He started patting the covers and looking under the sheets. Here's an [almost] exact transcript of what followed:
Lauren: "What's the matter?"
Zack: "Where's the baby?"
Lauren: "I've got her."
Zack: [looking around, still dazed and worried] "Oh"
[Pause while Zack looks around more]
Zack: "So you have the 4-letter Sara?"
Lauren: [laughing] "Yes, Zackie, I've got her."
Zack: "What about the other one?"
Lauren: "What other one?"
[At this point, Zack is starting to get very frustrated that I'm not understanding what he's asking]
Zack: "The... the... doll baby one!"
[Of course, I have no idea what he's talking about, but I play along]
Lauren: "I've got her, Zackie."
Zack: "Where?"
Lauren: "Right here." [walking over to the bed to show him the baby]
Zack: [looking very confused] "But you said... you said you've got the real one."
Lauren: [patting Zack's face to wake him up] "Wake up, Zackie; you're not awake."
Zack: "Ok."

2 comments:

Susan @ Defrump Me said...

I can totally relate! Both to Zack and Lauren! Parenthood brings all sorts of new fears, but the joys far exceed them!

Anonymous said...

Lauren, thanks for sharing this story and telling on "Zackie." I laughed out loud. The pictures are adorable. She is so precious. Am still coughing and staying away, but hope to see you soon. Love, Jeanne