We've Moved!

Or at least, the blog has. Head over to our new blog at http://zackandlauren.blogspot.com

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Nursery Progress

Boy, what a project this has been!! We decided that we would use the back corner room for Sara's nursery, so Step 1 was to clear all of the office room stuff (Zack's computer & computer desk, his regular desk, my desk and laptop, the filing cabinet, and the treadmill -- not to mention all the odds and ends!). No, I take that back -- step 1 was really to clear the guest bedroom of the bed, dresser, etc., so that we could turn it into the office! Anyway, after all of this was done, Mom came over to help me paint. I decided that I wanted to do pink (of course!) stripes, with one stripe being flat paint and one being semi-gloss, same color though. Of course, as Mom says, everything always takes longer than you expect! We started on a Friday night, but only got the first coat of flat paint done. Then, on Saturday, we got the second coat of flat paint done, worked on the trim, and painted some bedroom furniture. But then we still had to do stripes! So, Mom came over the next Wednesday afternoon since she had school off (this past one), and we got most of the stripes taped. That's right -- not painted, just taped! So Friday night, we were finally able to finish painting the stripes, and everything looks just like I'd hoped. We're just putting finishing touches on the room now, and then, we get to move in the furniture!

Click below to see the photo album.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
I'm glad I remembered to look at these after talking to you tonight. Now I can picture it. I love the color pink, and the stripe effect is worth it! You are having a great pregnancy, and I know you know how fortunate you are. I can't believe how close you are to actually holding your baby Sarah! What a Wow!! Love, Jeanne

JustMarian said...

I'm loving the updates! The internet can be such a great tool for keeping up. I love the picture of the knobs. I'm getting antsy to see Sara's face myself!
-Marian