We've Moved!

Or at least, the blog has. Head over to our new blog at http://zackandlauren.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

More today...

The lactation consultant today said that she's pretty sure Sara needs to see an occupational therapist to train her to suck right. She discussed Sara's "case" with the LC from Willow Creek, who agreed. She said it's definitely a tongue problem that is holding her back. She also sent me home with a baby scale so I can weigh Sara before and after every feeding for 24 hours or so, just so we can get a better idea of how much she really is getting. She said that seeing a baby with problems like this is not that unusual -- except that they usually figure it out within a week or two! It is unusual for a baby to still be having such issues at four months old (honestly, I think it's probably just that it's uncommon for mothers of babies with these issues to still be breastfeeding, so you don't see older babies with these problems). She is very supportive of course, but she did ask me how I would feel if breastfeeding doesn't work out, which makes me wonder if she's not more pessimistic than she seemed. So, for the next 24 hours, I'll be weighing Sara before and after feedings. After that, I'll send Susan (the LC) the information, and we'll go from there!

No comments: